The first entries hoping to participate in the ABU Radio Song Festival 2016 have been revealed today the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union.
Debuting in the fourth edition of the contest this year are Macau, Nepal and Romania. Macau has previously participated in two editions of the ABU TV Song Festival, while for Nepal and Romania this is the first time they have participated in any ABU Song Festival event. Also participating in the festival this year are India, Maldives, Myanmar, Thailand and South Korea.
The list of songs submitted is as follows:
- India – Thokchom Lansana Chanu – Creation (All India Radio)
- India – Vince Costa – Home Before Christmas (All India Radio)
- Indonesia – Debora Febricia Romauli – Mati Rasa (Radio Republik Indonesia)
- Indonesia – Novri Batteny – Diantara Kita (Radio Republik Indonesia)
- Macau – Josie Ho – Who am I (Teledifusao de Macau)
- Maldives – Abdulla Ziyau – Eid Ufaa (Public Service Media)
- Maldives – Bathool Ahmed – Unikan (Public Service Media)
- Myanmar – Eastern & Phoe Pyae – New Fangled Harmony (Myanma Radio and Television)
- Nepal – Suman Gurung – Aaja Mero Man Ma (Radio Tulsipur)
- Romania – Analia Vicotria Selis – Viento Del Sur (Romanian Radio Broadcasting Corporation)
- South Korea – Seungjin Han – Little Wings (Korean Broadcasting System)
- Thailand – Nawapol Roadsomjit (Ome) – Take on this world (National Broadcasting of Thailand)
You can listen to the songs announced so far here.