A total of 14 countries will take to the stage of the ABU TV Song Festival next month in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
The Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union has revealed the 14 nations taking part in the 7th edition of the ABU TV Song Festival 2018. This years competition sees a debut appearance from Uzbekistan, while Turkey returns to the event having last participated in 2015. China and Malaysia are withdrawing from the show having taken part last year in Chengdu, China.
The participating countries and their artists are as follows:
- Afghanistan (ATN) – Negar Mandegar
- Africa (African Union of Broadcasters) – Tiboy Shalla
- Hong Kong (TVB) – Thye Cho Yee
- India (DD) – Kushal Paul
- Indonesia (TVRI) – Lana Nitbaskara
- Japan (NHK) – Eir Aoi
- Kazakhstan (Khabar) – Nursultan Zhexenbin
- Macau (TDM) – Germano Bibi Guilherme
- Maldives (PSM) – Mohamed Abdul Ghanee & Mariyam Ashfa
- South Korea (KBS) – K.WILL
- Turkey (TRT) – Guliz Ayla & Bahadir Tatlioz
- Turkmenistan (TVTM) – TBC
- Uzbekistan (MTRK) – TBC
- Vietnam (VTV) – Khanh Linh
The ABU TV Song Festival is travelling to Central Asia for the first time, with Turkmenistan following on from China as the host nation of this years TV Song Festival.
This years TV Song Festival is being hosted by Television, Radio and Cinematography Turkmenistan (TVTM), with assistance from the South Korean broadcaster, KBS. The countries that are selected to take part in the festival “reflect geographical balance and the cultural diversity of the Asia-Pacific region.” Furthermore all of the performers must sing in their national language and showcase their nation’s culture.
The ABU TV Song Festival 2018 will be held on October 2 in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.