The Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union has announced that fourteen countries will take part in the ABU TV Song Festival 2017 in Chengdu, China.
The ABU has announced that fourteen countries from across the Asia-Pacific region as well as Africa will take to the stage of the ABU TV Song Festival 2017 on November 1 in Chengdu, China. This years festival sees the debut of Turkmenistan and Zambia, while India and Malaysia make their return to the event having both last participated in 2015.
The participating countries and artists are:
- Afghanistan – Ghulam Mahiuddin Farukh – Qarsak (RTA)
- China – Yisah Yu – TBA (SRT)
- Hong Kong – Alvin Ng – How Can I Do (TVB)
- India – Shri Kailash Kher – TBA (DD)
- Indonesia – Januarisman Silof Runtuwene/Januarisman/Aris – TBA (TVRI)
- Japan – LiSA – Catch The Moment (NHK)
- Kazakhstan – TBA – TBA (Khabar Agency)
- Macau – Catalyser – Midnight is the Time for God (TDM)
- Maldives – Mohamed Thasneem – A Tourists View (PSM)
- Malaysia – Syameel – Lebih Sempurna (RTM)
- South Korea – MAMAMOO – Yes, I am (KBS)
- Turkmenistan – TBA – TBA (TVTM)
- Vietnam – Lương Nguyệt Ánh – Hồ trên núi (VTV)
- Zambia – Hezron – Zaninge (AUB)
It is of note that Sri Lanka has opted to withdraw from the festival, having returned to the event in 2016 after a two year absence. While in Afghanistan, national broadcaster RTA has taken over participation in the event from private broadcaster Ariana Television, who had taken part in the past two events. Should all fourteen countries who have been announced as participating in the event take part, then this years ABU TV Song Festival will be the largest since 2013.