14 countries are set to participate in the 2015 ABU TV Song Festival in Istanbul, Turkey on October 28.
This years festival will be the second largest ever held with a total of 14 countries showcasing their latent in Turkey on October 28th. Three countries are set to debut in this years contest they are; India, Kazakhstan and Tunisia. While three countries are returning to the festival; Afghanistan, Iran and Malaysia who last participated in 2013. Withdrawing from the festival are Australia, Brunei, China and Hong Kong, both Australia, China and Hong Kong had participated in every festival since its launch in 2012.
The full list of participating countries is as follows:
- Afghanistan – Ariana Television Network
- India – Doordarshan
- Indonesia – Televisi Republik Indonesia
- Iran – Soroush Multimedia Corporation
- Japan – NHK
- Kazakhstan – Kazmedia Ortalygy
- Macau – Teledifusao de Macau
- Maldives – Public Service Media
- Malaysia – Radio Television Malaysia
- South Korea – KBS
- Thailand – National Broadcasting Services of Thailand
- Tunisia – Arab States Broadcasting Union
- Turkey – TRT
- Vietnam – Vietnam Television
Each countries representative will be announced in September.