The title of the Turkvision Song Contest 2016 entry from Belarus has been revealed today as “Meni Anla”.
Svetlana Agarval is to perform the song “Meni Anla” for Belarus at the Turkvision Song Contest 2016 in Turkey. The song which is to be performed in Azerbaijani translates as “Understand me”. This will be the second year in a row in which Belarus has been represented by a song performed inÂ Azerbaijani. A date of reveal for the song has yet to be announced.
Svetlana who was born in Belarus is well-known for her performances of Indian songs and has fallen in love with performing in Hindi since she was a small child. Svetlana is well-known to Belarussian audiences having participated in Slavianski Bazaar in 2011 and the Eastern Bazaar in Yalta, Crimea in 2012. Ahead of her participation in the contest the singer has been learning how to speak Azerbaijani and working hard on her vocal performance and choreography.
Belarus debuted in the Turkvizyon Song Contest in 2013 and was represented by Gunesh. She finished 2ndÂ in the first contest in Turkey with a total of 205 points, just 5 points behind the winners Azerbaijan. Last year Belarus returned to the contest represented by Aleksandra Kazimova , she finished 20th out of 21 with 126 points.
To date the following countries and regions have selected their participants:
- Azerbaijan â€“Â Sevinc Beyaz
- Bashkortostan â€“Â Zilija Bakhtieva â€“Â Donya Mathur
- Belarus â€“Â Svetlana Agarval – Meni Anla
- Crimea â€“Â Alseyda -Â Felegimsin
- Gagauzia â€“ Yulia Arnaut
- Germany â€“ Seyran
- Kumyk – Daniyal Harunow
- Latvia â€“Â Oksana Bilera â€“Â YakiÅŸiyor bize bu sevgi
- Netherlands â€“ Elcan â€“ Ana vatan
- Moldova -Â Polina Stefoglo
- Poland -Â Olga SzymaÅ„ska -Â Masal gibi bu dÃ¼nya
- Romania â€“Â Sunai Giolacai
- Sweden â€“Â Arghavan â€“Â DirÃ§aliÅŸ
- Ukraine â€“Â Natalia Papazoglo