Regina Vosika has been selected to represent Crimea at the Bala Turkvision Song Contest 2016 next month in Turkey.
Regina Vosika has been selected from seven singers to represent Crimea on their debut in the Bala Turkvision Song Contest. The young singer who was born in Crimea but currently lives in Munich, Germany will be representing the region at the 2nd edition of the Bala Turkvision Song Contest in Turkey next month.
The winner of the Crimean selection process for Bala Turkvision was decided by a jury of music experts and personalities from the region. On the jury were:
- Rashid Mamedov – Honoured artist of Georgia
- Emil Ablayev – Editor in Chief of TRK Millet
- Chakalova Elvira Nebiyevna – Organiser of the Turkvision selection process in Crimea
- Ali AkchurinÂ – Television Presenter
- Amet Settarov – Music Producer
- Guzel – Head of the Jury and Honoured Artist of Crimea
- Fazille Ibraimova – Represented Ukraine at the Turkvision Song Contest 2013 in Turkey.
Source: TRK Millet
[tw-accordion-section title=”What is the Bala Turkvision Song Contest?”]
The Bala Turkvision Song Contest was first held in 2015. The contest is the childrenâ€™s version of the Turkvision Song Contest. Participants in the contest must be aged between 8 and 15 and perform their song in a Turkic language. The winner of the contest is decided by a jury made up one person representing each competing country. The winner of the first contest were Azerbaijan who were represented by Nuray & Ahmed and the song â€œCocukluk Yillariâ€.