Andi Rizkha Fadillah Mallarangeng has been selected to represent Indonesia at the ABU Radio Song Festival 2018 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Indonesia has submitted their entry for the ABU Radio Song Festival, “You are the shade”. The nation is represented by Andi Rizkha Fadillah Mallarangeng who has won two competitions in recent years. In 2016 she was the winner of the Radio Star of Indonesia, she then went on in 2017 to be named as the Radio Star of ASEAN.
The songs and singers revealed so far are;
- Afghanistan – Goodar Zazai – I Don’t Wanna Grow Up (RTA)
- India – Akashlina Amin – Jhummur (AIR)
- India – Siddhartha BelMannu – Anrikeeshita (AIR)
- Indonesia – Andi Rizkha Fadillah Mallarangeng – You are the shade (RRI)
- Kazakhstan – Jordan Arakelyan – No way back (RTRC)
- Macau – Ao Ieong Sio Wa (Alex) – Party Love
- Maldives – Abdulla Ziyau – Kuriah Dhanee gadha hiyvarun (PSM)
- Nepal – Biju Pandit – Gorkhali Cheli (Radio Tulsipu)
- Turkey – Yahya Geylan – Masum Bebek (TRT)
- Turkmenistan – Atajanov Ahmet – Pyrakyndan (TVTM)
- Vietnam – Nguyen Hoang Tung – Osole Mio (VOV)
The ABU Radio Song Festival 2018 will be held on July 11 as part of RadioAsia which is taking place between July 10 and July 12 at the Kazmedia Center. The Kazmedia Center is a purpose built facility, featuring media studios, newsrooms as well as a concert hall.
The ABU Radio Song Festival took a one-year break in 2017, with the event cancelled following the death of the former Thai King in 2016. The death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, lead to the host broadcaster of the event having to defer the hosting of the ABU Radio Song Festival.
The first festival in 2012 was held as a competitive event, with 13 songs being selected by a jury to compete in the live contest in Seoul, South Korea. A jury made up of fourteen members from nine countries, then voted on the songs. The winner was Billy Acoustie who was representing South Korea with the song “For A Rest”. Since 2014 the festival has been held as a gala event.