Kyrgyzstan is returning to the ABU TV Song Festival after a five year break with Gulzhigit Kalykov representing the nation in Turkmenistan.
Kyrgzstan has been revealed as a late addition to the ABU TV Song Festival 2018. The nation which had previously only taken part in the showcase event in 2013 will be returning to the event after five years. The nations participation is being organised by the Kyrgyz national broadcaster KRTK for the first time.
Representing Kyrgyzstan at the show next week is Gulzhigit Kalykov. Gulzhigit Kalykov rose to fame in 2012, when he won the Star of Eurasia music festival. Since then he has gone on to take part in a number of international events and festivals and is also an occassional actor.
- Afghanistan (ATN) – Negar Mandegar
- Africa (African Union of Broadcasters) – Tiboy Shalla
- Hong Kong (TVB) – Thye Cho Yee
- India (DD) – Kushal Paul
- Indonesia (TVRI) – Lana Nitbaskara
- Japan (NHK) – Eir Aoi
- Kazakhstan (Khabar) – Nursultan Zhexenbin
- Kyrgyzstan (KTRK) – Gulzhigit Kalykov
- Macau (TDM) – Germano Bibi Guilherme
- Maldives (PSM) – Mohamed Abdul Ghanee & Mariyam Ashfa
- South Korea (KBS) – K.WILL
- Turkey (TRT) – Guliz Ayla & Bahadir Tatlioz
- Turkmenistan (TVTM) – TBC
- Uzbekistan (MTRK) – TBC
- Vietnam (VTV) – Khanh Linh
The ABU TV Song Festival is travelling to Central Asia for the first time, with Turkmenistan following on from China as the host nation of this years TV Song Festival.
This years TV Song Festival is being hosted by Television, Radio and Cinematography Turkmenistan (TVTM), with assistance from the South Korean broadcaster, KBS. The countries that are selected to take part in the festival “reflect geographical balance and the cultural diversity of the Asia-Pacific region.” Furthermore all of the performers must sing in their national language and showcase their nation’s culture.
The ABU TV Song Festival 2018 will be held on October 2 in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.