Lynica Pivert of French Guiana has been named the winner of the first series of Zik Truck, beating off competition from eleven other singers.
French Guiana has triumphed in the first series of Zik Truck, with their singers finishing in both first and second place. Lyncia Pivert was crowned the winner of Zik Truck, beating off competiting from eleven singers from across Overseas France. Ailander Dopia finished in second place.
The singers who competed in the final in Paris were:
The contest which was launched in July is searching for the best singer from Overseas France. The contest is active in Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Reunion. The format of the show is as follows:
- Singers register to compete in the contest via an app
- The hopeful singers are notified when the ‘container’ is in their Territory, they are then invited to the ‘container’ to record their cover
- All of the covers from each region are then aired in a show on their territories television channel. The public then votes for the singers they want to see in a live final.
- The acts selected to go through to the live final are then voted on again. The public selects one singer to go to the super final, while the jury selects another singer.
- Each of the six territories sends two singers to the final in Paris