The title of the song that Germano will perform at the ABU TV Song Festival 2018 for Macau has been revealed.
Germano who will represent Macau at the ABU TV Song Festival 2018 has revealed to Eurovoix World the song that he will be performing at the show in Turkmenistan. Germano will be performing “Nai de zhu jimo” (Dare to Wait) and was released in June of this year. The song tells the story of a person struggling to cope with the ending of a relationship.
Germano is a 31 year old singer of Macanese and Pakistani heritage. The singer has been performing since the mid 00s and has represented Macau on the international stage before. In 2007 he performed the official song of the 2nd Indoor Asian Games and sang the theme song of the opening ceremony of the 11th National Games of the People’s Republic of China.
The ABU TV Song Festival is travelling to Central Asia for the first time, with Turkmenistan following on from China as the host nation of this years TV Song Festival.
The official list of participating countries is as follows;
- Afghanistan (ATN) – Negar Mandegar
- Africa (African Union of Broadcasters) – Tiboy Shalla
- Hong Kong (TVB) – Thye Cho Yee
- India (DD) – Kushal Paul
- Indonesia (TVRI) – Lana Nitbaskara
- Japan (NHK) – Eir Aoi
- Kazakhstan (Khabar) – Nursultan Zhexenbin
- Kyrgyzstan (KTRK) – Gulzhigit Kalykov
- Macau (TDM) – Germano
- Maldives (PSM) – Mohamed Abdul Ghanee & Mariyam Ashfa
- South Korea (KBS) – K.WILL
- Turkey (TRT) – Guliz Ayla & Bahadir Tatlioz
- Turkmenistan (TVTM) – TBC
- Vietnam (VTV) – Khanh Linh
This years TV Song Festival is being hosted by Television, Radio and Cinematography Turkmenistan (TVTM), with assistance from the South Korean broadcaster, KBS. The countries that are selected to take part in the festival “reflect geographical balance and the cultural diversity of the Asia-Pacific region.” Furthermore all of the performers must sing in their national language and showcase their nation’s culture.