Polina Stefoglo will represent Moldova on their debut in the Turkvision Song Contest, next month in Turkey.
Polina was selected to represent Moldova at the Turkvision Song Contest 2016, having received official confirmation from the Ministry of Culture to compete in the contest. Polina had taken part in the Gagauz selection process this year but was beaten by Yulia Arnaut. PolinaÂ was born on June 4, 1988 and has been performing since a young age.
She graduated from music school, piano. Graduate of Russian Theoretical Lyceum Chisinau (Moldova). She took an active part in various festivals such as Star of Moldova and Star of the Chisinau. Polina is currently working on her debut album, the song she will be singing at the contest it to be performed in Turkish.
Moldova is not theÂ first country to compete in the contest while a region of it also competes in the contest. Ukraine participated in the 2013 contest alongside Crimea when the region was still under the control of Ukraine. Furthermore Russia was originally announced as participating in the contest alongside nine of its constituent regions, however Russia was dropped from the list of participating countries.
Moldova joins the following countries in debuting in this years Turkvision Song Contest:
- Kumyk (Russian Federation)
- Stavropol Krai (Russian Federation)
Confirmed as participating in this years contest are:
- Azerbaijan â€“ Sevinc Beyaz
- Bashkortostan â€“ Zilija Bakhtieva
- Belarus â€“ Svetlana Agarval
- Crimea (Russia) â€“Â Alseda Seydaliyeva
- Gagauzia â€“ Yulia Arnaut
- Germany â€“ Seyran
- Khakassia (Russia) â€“ Irenek Khan
- Kumyk (Russia)
- Latvia â€“ Oksana Bilera â€“Â YakiÅŸiyor bize bu sevgi
- Moldova – Polina Stefoglo
- The Netherlands â€“ Elcan â€“Â Ana vatan
- Northern Cyprus
- Romania â€“Â Sunai Giolacai
- Sandzak (Serbia)
- Sweden â€“ Arghavan â€“Â DirÃ§É™liÅŸ
- Ukraine â€“ Natalia Papazoglo
- Yakutia (Russia)