New Wave Junior 2017 is to be held from May 31 to June 1 at the Artek Camp in Crimea.
Applications are now open to compete in New Wave Junior 2017, one of the largest competitions for children singers in Europe. The contest is open to singers aged between 7 and 13 years old. Singers wishing to compete in this years contest have until March 20th to submit their application. The rules of the contest are as follows:
- Singers may be solo, duets or an ensemble
- Singers must perform a world hit and another song of the singers choice
- Singers must have been born in the years 2004 to 2010.
For singers wishing to represent Russia at the contest, the following qualifying rounds will take place:
- March 2017 – Live auditions will be held in Moscow, Russia, a jury made up of music professionals will select the artists to go through to the semi final.
- April 2017 – The semi final will be held in Moscow, Russia. The semi final will be held over two days, with singers performing a world hit and another song of their choice.
- April 2017 – The final will take place one week after the semi final in Moscow. At this stage the jury will select the singer who will be representing Russia in Crimea.
The Rules of the New Wave Junior 2017 Final:
- Pre-recorded backing vocals are allowed as long as they are not used to boost the lead singer
- Performances should not last longer than 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- No more than six people may be on the stage for the performance
- Rehearsals will begin 10 days before the final of the competition
- The performances will be judged by a panel made up of international music professionals.
- Voting will be decided on an 11 point system.
- Prizes will be awarded for the singers who place first, second or third in the competition.
Full rules can be found at the official website – here.
Source: New Wave Junior