Alpha Media TV has confirmed to Eurovoix-World.com that they plan to participate in the Turkvizyon Song Contest 2016 in Turkey.
Alpha Media TV the broadcaster behind Romania’s participation in the Turkvizyon Song Contest, has confirmed to Eurovoix-World.com that they plan to participate in Turkvizyon 2016. Romania was one of the original 24 countries and regions to participate in the first Turkvizyon Song Contest in 2013. At the 2015 contest in Istanbul, Romania had their best result to date with Edvin Eddy finishing 18th in the final with a total of 134 points.
To date a total of 16 countries and regions have confirmed their participation in the Turkvizyon Song Contest 2016 to Eurovoix-World.com. The following countries and regions who participated in previous contests are yet to confirm their participation to Eurovoix-World.com:
- Altai Republic (Russian Federation)
- Bashkortostan (Russian Federation)
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Kabardino-Balkaria & Karachay Cherkessia (Russian Federation) – (Aris Appaev has stated he will compete, however delegation has not replied to our attempts to confirming this information)
- Kemerovo (Russian Federation)
- Moscow (Russian Federation)
- Tuva (Russian Federation)
Source: Alpha Media TV
[tw-accordion-section title=”What is the Turkvizyon Song Contest?”]
The Turkvizyon Song Contest was first held in 2013 in the Turkish city of Eskisehir. The contest which is open to Turkic nations and regions such as Turkey, Kazakhstan and Yakutia. The contest follows a similar format to the Eurovision Song Contest, with songs limited to being 4 minutes long. To date Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan have won the contest.