Rehearsals for the 26th edition of Slavianski Bazaar get underway on July 10 as the performers travel to Minsk for three days.
It’s only four days to go until the singers taking part in this years International Pop Song Performers Contest at Slavianski Bazaar travel to Minsk for their first rehearsal. The singers from twenty-one countries will be travelling to the Belarusian capital for three days of rehearsals before making their way to Vitebsk. Between July 10 and July 12 the singers will rehearse alongside the National Academic Orchestra of Symphonic and Popular Music, conducted by Mikhail Finberg.
Following the singers rehearsals they will travel to Vitebsk on July 13 where the running order draw will take place for the first show. The draw will take place at Ploshchadi zvezd (Star Square) in Vitebsk, the draw determines the running order for the Semi-Final on July 14.
While the singers participating in the International Pop Song Performers Contest rehearse in Minsk, the singers taking part in the Children’s Contest will be in Vitebsk. On July 9 they will arrive in the city, while on July 10 a running order draw will be held to decide the order of the first nights show.
The schedule for the competition is as folllows:
- July 12 – 18:00 CET – Opening day of the Children’s Contest
- July 13 – 18:00 CET – Final of the Children’s Contest
- July 14 – 18:00 CET – Gala concert and the Award’s Ceremony for the Children’s Contest
- July 15 – 18:00 CET – Semi-Final of the International Pop Song Performers Contest
- July 15 – 21:00 CET – First night of the final for the International Pop Song Performers Contest
- July 16 – 21:00 CET – Final night of the International Pop Song Performers Contest