The 10 artists from across Europe competing in the song contest for minority languages, Suns Europe 2016 have been revealed.
A total of 10 songs will be competing in the second edition of Suns Europe on 3 December in Udine, Italy. This years contest takes the place of Liet International for a second year runningÂ which will not be taking place in 2016. Suns Europe is the only song contest in Europe which is for singers and groups who perform in languages that are that deemed by the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages in need of protection and promotion.
The two additional participants were selected through a regional selection process called Suns Ladina. The winners of the jury award as well as the public award have been selected to go through to the final of Suns Europe on December 3:
- Brittany (France) â€“ Brieg Guerveno â€“ En Desped (Breton)
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug (Russia) â€“ Veronika Usholik â€“ Kakomey (Chukchi)
- Faroe Islands â€“ Steso â€“ Bruni (Faroese)
- Friesland (Netherlands) â€“ Norma â€“ Eeb An Flud (Frisian)
- Galicia (Spain) â€“ Familia Caamagno â€“ Lausanne (Galician)
- Ireland â€“ ImlÃ© â€“ Fun Orm (Irish)
- Khakassia (Russia) â€“ Gurude â€“ Kusni Korlan (Khakas)
- Ladina – Doro Gjat
- Ladina – Berdon
- Scotland â€“ Aon Tenga:Â Un Ã‡hengey â€“ Creggyn Scarleode (Scottish, Irish, Manx)
The first edition of Suns Europe was won by Switzerland who were represented by Me+Marie with theÂ song â€œHai Eu Lessâ€, which was performed in Romansch.
Source: Suns Europe