Me+Marie have won the first edition of Suns Europe for Switzerland, the contest was held last night in Udine, Italy.
Me+Marie represented Switzerland with the song “Hai Eu Less” which was performed in Romansh. Me+Marie is made up of Roland Vögtli and Maria Moling. They beat off competition from 9 other groups performing in Minority Languages from across Europe. The contest was held for the first time last night in Udine, Italy in front of an audience across the world.
The full list of participants was as follows:
- Bashkortostan – Zaman -Bishkek (Bashkir)
- Basque Country – Kasernarat – Hil Artean (Basque)
- Brittany – Rhapsoldya – Frankiz? (Breton)
- Galicia – Caxade – Gente Pota (Galician)
- Friesland – Marit & Nigel – Libbensteir (Frisian)
- Friuli – Loris Vescovo & Orchextra Terrestre – Ellis Island (Friulian)
- Ireland – Tuath – Níl Tú Ann (Irish)
- Karelia – Ilmu – Suuret kivet (Karelian)
- Sapmi – Ozas – Mannavuoda Muittut (Sapmi)
- Switzerland – Me+Marie – Hai Eu Less (Romansh)
You can watch the contest in full below: