Today Khakassia will select their participant in the Turkvizyon 2016, in a selection taking place in the Khakass Capital, Abakan.
Khakassia will today select the singer who will represent the region at the Turkvizyon Song Contest 2016 in Turkey. The singer will be selected from one of the participants in the competition “Ot yry (The Song of Fire)” which has been held over the past couple of months. The final of “Ot yry (The Song of Fire)” is being held today in Abakan, with the winner of the series being decided by the judges.Â The contest is held in order to preserve, support and development of cultures, ethnic propaganda of pop songs and is focused on finding and supporting new names in the field of ethnic music.
Around 20 artists are expected to be competing in the selection today from across Khakassia. On the jury selecting the regions participant are:
- German Tanbaev – Head of Khakass delegation at Turkvizyon
- Igor Borgoyakov – Composer
- Albina Kurbizhekova – Chairwoman of the Union of Writers of Khakassia
- Mariya Yangulova – Honoured Artist of Khakassia
- Oksana Alahtaeva – Representative of the Union of Composers of Khakassia
- Aleksandr Samozhikov – Honoured Performer of Khakassia
- Sergey Sipkin – CEO of the Khakass TV station Republican Television Network
Source: German Tanbaev
[tw-accordion-section title=”What is the Turkvizyon Song Contest?”]
The Turkvizyon Song Contest was first held in 2013 in the Turkish city of Eskisehir. The contest which is open to Turkic nations and regions such as Turkey, Kazakhstan and Yakutia. The contest follows a similar format to the Eurovision Song Contest, with songs limited to being 4 minutes long. To date Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan have won the contest.