Tonight the 4th edition of the ABU TV Song Festival will take place in Istanbul, Turkey.
A total of 12 singers from across the Asia-Pacific region will be taking to the stage in the Istanbul Congress Center. This years show sees Afghanistan and Malaysia returning to the stage, while Kazakhstan and India will be taking to the stage for the first time. The festival was supposed to see Iran, Tunisia and Thailand also participate but all withdrew from the show for unknown regions.
The show which first began in 2012 is a showcase of talent from across the Asia-Pacific region. Since the ABU TV Song Festival begun a total of 21 countries have participated in at least one edition of the show, past famous participants include Havana Brown, Sistar and MaNga.
The hosts for tonight’s show are Ece Vahapoğlu and Engin Hepileri.
The countries and their participants are as follows (Click on the links for interviews):
- Afghanistan – Mozhdah – Ghoroore Tu, Shikaste Man
- Hong Kong – Vivian Koo – Accept The Part
- India – Sanjeevani Bhelande – Radiant Ruby
- Indonesia – Zahra Damariva – Tak Kembali
- Japan – Scandal – Sisters
- Kazakhstan – Dimas Kudaibergen – Daididau
- Macau – Ma Man Lei, Kyla – Beiduibei (背對背)
- Malaysia – Ernie Zakri – Dialah di Hati
- Maldives – Mariyam Unoosha – The Maldives Song
- South Korea – CNBLUE – Cinderella
- Turkey – Murat Dalkılıç – Katilimiz Olursun
- Vietnam – Dinh Manh Ninh – In The Music Tonight
The show is being broadcast live from 18:00 CET on TRT Avaz and TRT Muzik. TRT Muzik will also be broadcasting a 1 hour-long red carpet show before the show gets underway this begins at 17:00 CET. The show can be seen live across the world here.
Watch an advert for the show tonight below: