Tunisia is set to return to the ABU TV Song Festival next month when the gala concert travels to Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
Two years after their debut appearance in Bali, Indonesia, Tunisia is returning to the ABU TV Song Festival. Tunisia’s participation is organised by the Arab States Broadcasting Union, meaning that both the ASBU and AUB will have entries represented at this years festival in Ashgabat.
Lofti Bouchnak represented Tunisia at the ABU TV Song Festival 2016. He replaced Olfa Ben Romdhane who had previously been announced as the Tunisian participant. Lofti began his career in the 1970s and performed a traditional song at the show in Indonesia.
The other confirmed participating countries and their artists are as follows:
- Afghanistan (ATN) – Negar Mandegar
- Africa (African Union of Broadcasters) – Tiboy Shalla
- Hong Kong (TVB) – Thye Cho Yee
- India (DD) – Kushal Paul
- Indonesia (TVRI) – Lana Nitbaskara
- Japan (NHK) – Eir Aoi
- Kazakhstan (Khabar) – Nursultan Zhexenbin
- Macau (TDM) – Germano Bibi Guilherme
- Maldives (PSM) – Mohamed Abdul Ghanee & Mariyam Ashfa
- South Korea (KBS) – K.WILL
- Turkey (TRT) – Guliz Ayla & Bahadir Tatlioz
- Turkmenistan (TVTM) – TBC
- Uzbekistan (MTRK) – TBC
- Vietnam (VTV) – Khanh Linh
The ABU TV Song Festival is travelling to Central Asia for the first time, with Turkmenistan following on from China as the host nation of this years TV Song Festival.
This years TV Song Festival is being hosted by Television, Radio and Cinematography Turkmenistan (TVTM), with assistance from the South Korean broadcaster, KBS. The countries that are selected to take part in the festival “reflect geographical balance and the cultural diversity of the Asia-Pacific region.” Furthermore all of the performers must sing in their national language and showcase their nation’s culture.
The ABU TV Song Festival 2018 will be held on October 2 in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.