The dates of the fourth edition of the Turkvision Song Contest have been revealed today, with the final set to take place on September 10.
The final of the Turkvision Song Contest 2017 is to take place on September 10 in Astana, the Capital of Kazakhstan. For the first time ever it has been revealed that two semi finals will also take place as part of the competition. The first semi final will be held on September 8 and the second semi final on September 9. No details about ticket sales have been revealed yet.
The Turkvision Song Contest 2017 is being held at the Barys Arena (Astana Ice Palace) and will coincide with Astana hosting EXPO 2017. The final of the contest takes place on the last day of the EXPO 2017.
The Barys Arena (The Ice Palace Astana) has a capacity of 11,626 in its normal configuration, however this is likely to be reduced for the contest due to the need to construct a stage and cover the ice surface. This is not the first time that an Ice Hockey Arena has hosted the Turkvision Song Contest, in 2014 the TatNeft Arena in Kazan, Tatarstan hosted the competition.
To date fourteen countries have selected their participant for the Turkvision Song Contest 2017, they are:
- Azerbaijan – Sevinc Beyaz
- Bashkortostan – Ziliya Bakhtieva – Donya Mathur
- Belarus – Svetlana Agarval – Meni Anla
- Crimea – Alseyda – Felegimsin
- Gagauzia – Yulia Arnaut – Kemenca
- Germany – Seyran
- Kumyk – Daniyal Harunow
- Latvia – Oksana Bilera – Yakisiyor bize bu sevgi
- Netherlands – Elcan – Ana vatan
- Moldova – Polina Stefoglo – Yallah Yallah!
- Poland – Olga Shimanskaya – Masal gibi bu dunya
- Romania – Sunai Giolacai
- Stavropol Krai – Islam Satyrov
- Sweden – Arghavan – Dircalis
- Ukraine – Natalie Papazoglu – Tikenli yol
The following countries and regions have confirmed that they will participate but have yet to select their entrants:
- Northern Cyprus
More details about the contest is expected to be released in the coming weeks. This includes the countries who will be participating as well as more details regarding the special guest performers.