A total of twenty-one singers will be competing for in the Children’s category of Slavianski Bazaar 2019 in Vitebsk, Belarus.
The organisers of Slavianski Bazaar have announced that twenty-one nations are to be represented in the Children’s Contest of Slavianski Bazaar 2019. Singers will be taking part from across the globe including debut appearances from Ireland and India.
The competing nations and singers are:
- Armenia – Anzhela Albertyan (11)
- Azerbaijan – Iskandar Hasanzade (10)
- Belarus – Kseniya Galetskaya (11)
- Bosnia & Herzegovina – Nikolina Cakalj (11)
- Bulgaria – Maksim Yalnazov (10)
- Estonia – Anastasia Popova (12)
- Georgia – Annushka (8)
- India – Lavalina (9)
- Ireland – Ronan Comanescu (12)
- Israeli – Shani (10)
- Italy – Sofia Bevilacqua (12)
- Kazakhstan – Dilnaz Tilepova (11)
- Latvia – Marija Melnikova (12)
- Lithuania – Kristijonas Gorodeckis (11)
- Malta – Leah (12)
- Moldova – Anastasia Barba (12)
- Romania – Mario (10)
- Russia – Kira Gogoladze (12)
- Ukraine – Jennifer (11)
- United Kingdom – Jennifer (11)
- Uzbekistan – Diyarbek Nurullayev (10)
What is Slavianski Bazaar?
Slavianski Bazaar has been held annually in Vibetsk, Belarus since 1992. The event consists of two competitive contests, the International Pop Song Performers Contest for singers age 18 to 31, and the Children’s Contest for those age between 7 and 12. The competition is popular in the former Soviet Union, Baltic States and the Balkans. Winners include Ruslana, Zeljko Joksimovic, Donny Montell and Alyona Lanskaya. The Children’s Contest has been held since 2003 and former winners include singers who have gone on to compete in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. This includes former winner Ksenia Sitnik who won for Belarus in 2005.
Source: Slavianski Bazaar