Vlad Sytnik has been announced as the winner of the International Pop Song Performers Contest at Slavianski Bazaar 2017.
Vlad Sytnik of Ukraine has been named the winner of the 26th edition of the International Pop Song Performers Contest in Vitebsk, Belarus. Following a tie in the number of points awarded to both Vlad Sytnik of Ukraine and Egor Sharankov of Belarus, the title of Winner of the Grand Prix has not been awarded. The decision was taken after the jury members points from Belarus and Ukraine were removed and the remaining jury votes were calculated. Instead Vlad Sytnik has been awarded First Prize, with Egor Sharankov being given Second Prize.
Only on two previous occasions has the Grand Prix not been awarded. The most recent occurring at the 1994 contest which was won by Yugoslavia represented by the singer Milan Šćepović – Šćepa.
Vlad is the fourth Ukrainian singer to have won Slavianski Bazaar, with the countries latest victory in the competition coming ten years after Natalya Krasnyanskaya won the contest. While Egor Sharankov becomes the fourth singer to finish second in the contest for Belarus. Nevena Bozović who was awarded third place, brings Serbia their best result in the contest since 2011.
The full combined results were as follows:
- Belarus – Egor Sharankov / Ukraine – Vlad Sytnik – 151 points
- Serbia – Nevena Bozović – 150 points
- Russia – Liliya Veltman – 147 points
- Italy – Walter Ricci – 142 points
- Lithuania – Paulina Paulauskaite – 138 points
- Kazakhstan – Ayree – 138 points
- Bulgaria – Nikola Chochev – 137 points
- Georgia – Keta Tsverava – 135 points
- Malta – Janice Mangion – 130 points
- Croatia – Nina Kraljić – 129 points
- Uzbekistan – Rishat Kamal – 129 points
- Mexico – Donatella Pelayo Rodriguez – 121 points
- Colombia – Asael Cuesta – 120 points
- Poland – Uliasha – 108 points