Uzbekistan has been removed from the official ABU list of nations taking part in the ABU TV Song Festival 2018.
Uzbekistan who had been due to take part in their first ABU TV Song Festival has been removed from the official list of participating nations on the ABU website. Uzbekistan had been the only nation due to debut in the competition, while Turkey and Kyrgyzstan are both returning to the competition.
The official list of participating countries is as follows;
- Afghanistan (ATN) – Negar Mandegar
- Africa (African Union of Broadcasters) – Tiboy Shalla
- Hong Kong (TVB) – Thye Cho Yee
- India (DD) – Kushal Paul
- Indonesia (TVRI) – Lana Nitbaskara
- Japan (NHK) – Eir Aoi
- Kazakhstan (Khabar) – Nursultan Zhexenbin
- Kyrgyzstan (KTRK) – Gulzhigit Kalykov
- Macau (TDM) – Germano Bibi Guilherme
- Maldives (PSM) – Mohamed Abdul Ghanee & Mariyam Ashfa
- South Korea (KBS) – K.WILL
- Turkey (TRT) – Guliz Ayla & Bahadir Tatlioz
- Turkmenistan (TVTM) – TBC
- Vietnam (VTV) – Khanh Linh
he ABU TV Song Festival is travelling to Central Asia for the first time, with Turkmenistan following on from China as the host nation of this years TV Song Festival.
This years TV Song Festival is being hosted by Television, Radio and Cinematography Turkmenistan (TVTM), with assistance from the South Korean broadcaster, KBS. The countries that are selected to take part in the festival “reflect geographical balance and the cultural diversity of the Asia-Pacific region.” Furthermore all of the performers must sing in their national language and showcase their nation’s culture.
The ABU TV Song Festival 2018 will be held on October 2 in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.