The final of the first series of Zik Truck is set to take place on January 10, with singers from across Overseas France travelling to Paris.
The contest which was launched in July is searching for the best singer from Overseas France. The contest is active in Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Reunion. The format of the show is as follows:
- Singers register to compete in the contest via an app
- The hopeful singers are notified when the ‘container’ is in their Territory, they are then invited to the ‘container’ to record their cover
- All of the covers from each region are then aired in a show on their territories television channel. The public then votes for the singers they want to see in a live final.
- The acts selected to go through to the live final are then voted on again. The public selects one singer to go to the super final, while the jury selects another singer.
- Each of the six territories sends two singers to the final in Paris
The final in Paris will be broadcast by France Ô, TV5 Monde and the local channels, with the winner of the contest taking home a 10,000 Euro prize. The winner is set to be decided by 100% jury voting. Over the past month, the finals have been held in all six territories and the singers competing in Paris are: